The Google update MUM is rolling out – it will revolutionize search as we know it. This poses new challenges for search engine optimization including link building services (https://outreachmonks.com/link-building-services/). Those responsible for online marketing are well-advised to deal with the topic in good time.
MultiTask Unified Model (MUM) Introduction
MUM stands for Multitask Unified Model and is a big step towards a semantic and context-based search engine that can clearly identify search intentions and map the knowledge of the world. The technology enables answers to complex questions. To do this, the Google user is sent to topic paths. The search becomes more intuitive and at the same time more exciting – by including photos, videos, and audio formats. One thing is clear: the ‘blue links’ displayed in the search results will lose some of their importance.
Read also: SEO & Link Building For Growth
Everything for a fresh start for SEO – 7 tips
With the update, Google comes to a “real understanding” of the meaning of search queries and web content – the keyword match takes a back seat. In order to prepare for MUM’s new preferences, here are recommendations for companies to follow.
- Make your website as understandable as possible – because the accessibility of the content will be even more important in the future as a feature of good search engine optimization.
- Think more in overall contexts – and convey expertise, authority, and trustworthiness.
- Individual keywords should be far less in focus in the future. Instead, think about the perspective from which a topic is to be dealt with.
- Deal with your target groups and find out what questions they ask themselves along the customer journey. SERP analysis can help with this.
- Provide user-centric content that serves search intent and anticipates the customer journey, just like Google itself does with MUM.
- Optimize videos and audio formats not only via title and description but also in terms of content by using semantically appropriate terms.
- Last but not least, ensure co-occurrences outside of your own website and integrate the corporate brand into thematically relevant contexts.
Outlook: Google MUM comes as no surprise. The new technology continues a development that was already apparent in previous updates and the increasing importance of semantic search. Anyone who has always done their SEO homework has a good foundation today – Google MUM opens up interesting new perspectives for everyone else.